- Should I take Puppy class or Manners 1? If a puppy is five months or younger on the class start date, they will enroll into a Puppy class. If a puppy is over five months old when the class begins, they should take a Manners 1 class.
- Can more than one person come? Yes, but we don’t recommend bringing children under the age of twelve.
- What do I need to start class? Puppies need a minimum of two sets of vaccinations before they can attend a group class.
- Do I need to sign up online or can I pay when I get there? Please sign up online to reserve your spot. Our classes typically fill up and we can not guarantee that there will be space available on the day the class starts.
- What do I need to bring to class?
- Please bring the puppy’s vaccination records to the first class.
- In addition to their dog, owners need to bring a flat collar or harness with a six foot leash.
- We prefer that owners bring a bag of small, soft treats, a clicker, and a treat pouch since they are required for class. However, we sell all of those items here, at Lucky Dog, including much more. Our prices are better than the prices in most pet supply stores, so we recommend that owners buy the required items at their first class at Lucky Dog.
- We also suggest that owners bring doggie bags in case their dogs need to do their business. If somebody forgets to bring doggie bags, we keep those handy at our doggie station located near the grass area.
- Classes must be paid in full prior to the start of the first class to guarantee a spot in the class. A credit card is required to hold all appointments and will be charged according to the provisions set forth in Cancellations and Refunds policies outlined below.
- Full payment is due for no-shows and late cancellations.
- Lucky Dog will assess the following fees in the event of late payment due to: (i) declined credit card – $30 late fee; (ii) NSF returned check – $35.
- Group Classes and Ongoing Classes: Group Classes and Ongoing Classes are non-refundable at the time of purchase. Any portion of a package (i.e., missed class) is lost and non-refundable. No refunds will be made for cancellations made on the day the class is scheduled to begin or anytime after the start date. Under no circumstances will refunds be given for services that have already been provided.
- Private Lessons: Cancellations must be made twenty-four hours in advance of a class, by phone, in order not to incur a cancellation fee. Cancellations and/or reschedules made with less than twenty-four hours’ notice and no-shows will be charged the full price of the private lesson.
- Seminars, Clinics, Workshops and Special Events: Partial refunds will only be offered if the spot can be filled from a waiting list. Absolutely no refunds if cancellation is made within fifteen (15) days of the start of the Seminar, Clinic, Workshop and Special Event.
- No make-up classes or refunds are offered to clients who miss a class. We suggest scheduling a thirty minute private lesson to catch up with the rest of the class. Private class fees will apply. In the event Lucky Dog needs to cancel a class (e.g., for bad weather, instructor absence), the class will be rescheduled to another day.
- If classes need to be cancelled due to severe weather, Lucky Dog will do our best to contact clients by phone or email, and will post an announcement to our Facebook page and main phone line. Keeping in mind that clients may have changed their email or contact phone number or do not check their email or Facebook regularly, it is the client’s responsibility to contact us to find out whether we are open for classes.
Refunds on items purchased in the Retail Store are as follows:
- With Receipt: Exchange/Refund within thirty days of purchase
- Without Receipt: Store Credit Only for current ticket price
Clearance/Sale Items: All sales are final. No refunds.
Our rules are designed to create an environment that is conducive to learning and is fun and fair for dogs, owners, and Lucky Dog.
- Lucky Dog kindly asks that owners clean up after their dogs. Whether inside or outside the facility, in the parking lot or in the nearby grassy areas, we ask that owners promptly clean up their dogs’ waste. Our lease requires that all dog waste be immediately cleaned up. More importantly, we want to maintain a clean and safe environment for our clients, trainers, their dogs, and other Tenants.
- Dogs must have current vaccinations and titers in order to attend classes.
- Sick dogs must stay home. It is best that sick dogs stay home for the safety of all other dogs in the class.
- If an owner is not sure of their dog’s reaction to other dogs, they must come in for an evaluation before signing up for a class. If children are present, owners must instruct them not to approach a dog until after the dog’s owner gives them permission to do so.
- We do not recommend that children under twelve years of age attend classes unless there are two adults present. Children over twelve years may participate in group classes only if accompanied by an adult. If a dog has a specific problem involving children, we recommend private classes so that children can participate in training the dog.
We appreciate everyone’s cooperation and look forward to providing a healthy environment for a fun class with your dogs!